The Senior Associate Program is a high level, practical workshop that provides valuable insight into the essential qualities needed to set you apart from your peers in a law firm. Delivered by highly respected presenters and designed specifically for lawyers at or near Senior Associate level, this program will outline the practical skills and knowledge necessary to deliver the outcomes that the partnership expects.
Being a good lawyer is only the first step to success. The key is knowing what it takes to make it as a leader in a law firm. Gain inside knowledge and give yourself a competitive edge by attending the Senior Associate Program.
Topics covered include:
- Common attributes of the more successful law firms: why some firms succeed and others do not
- Trends, challenges and opportunities facing the legal profession
- Firm profit drivers and what financial reports tell us and don’t tell us
- Billing and Pricing options
- What law firms look for in their leaders
- How to build and maintain a sustainable client base
- Motivating and inspiring your team
- What will make you stand out from the crowd
- Will you be a part of a firm of the future or a firm of the past?
- The future of the profession - how it will affect you and how you can shape it
|John Chisholm, Director, John Chisholm ConsultingJohn Chisholm was previously a Managing Partner and Chief Executive at leading Australian law firms and Executive Chairman of a large accounting firm. In 2005 John established his own consultancy, John Chisholm Consulting. An innovator and change agent, John utilises his legal background to assist other professionals in Australia and internationally to maximise their personal and business opportunities.|
This program features the following guest presenters who will give attendees personal tips and advice on promotion to Senior Associate level and Senior Associate strategy:
Andrew Barnes - Financial Controller, The Lantern Legal Group Pty Ltd
Andrew Barnes is the Financial Controller of The Lantern Legal Group Pty Ltd, which incorporates the legal practices of Harwood Andrews and Sladen Legal. Andrew has broad reporting responsibility as well as a strategic operational role as an ex-officio member of the group’s Board. Andrew is also the National President of Australasian Legal Practice Management Association (ALPMA), having previously served as Treasurer.
David Rennick - Partner - Head of Australia, Pinsent Masons Australia
David is a partner and is head of Pinsent Masons Australia. With more than 25 years experience in the property industry David was engaged by developers, institutions and retailers not only as principal legal advisor but also on property and business strategy. Since joining Pinsent Masons, David has been assisting in the shaping of Pinsent Masons' strategy for Australia and building the team.